Future of Oracle EBS
On one hand, no one can perfectly predict the future. On the other, it doesn’t require a crystal ball to see Oracle’s commitment to and future-proofing of the E-Business Suite ERP solution. In fact, in July 2018, Oracle announced several key items, including:
- reaffirmation of the company’s commitment to “provide Oracle Premier Support for the future Oracle E-Business Suite 12.x release through 2030 at least”
- its commitment to annually review and update—effective in 2019—to extend Oracle Premier Support for another year, which gives customers of EBS 12.x a rolling window of at least 10 years of this level of support
- that EBS 12.x releases in the future will be a “continuous innovation” release, which means that customers can benefit from the latest in technology without the need for a major release upgrade
This means that Oracle Premier Support will be available for Release 12.1 through at least December 2021; Release 12.2 through at least September 2023; and future releases through at least 2030, with a minimum commitment of 10 years of this level of support. This means that companies using Oracle EBS can continue to sustain their investments with minimal disruption or change.
Power of Cloud
Oracle encourages Cloud migration because of its numerous benefits, unquestioningly believing the Cloud to be the way of the future. For example, when combining the incredible power of Oracle EBS with Cloud capabilities, you increase enterprise agility exponentially. Your company can respond nimbly to acquisitions, divestitures, and globalization issues, among other challenges, manage regulatory changes and much more.
Oracle is therefore encouraging the following moves:
- EBS applications on the Cloud
- ERP applications to Fusion
While extolling the benefits of the Cloud and facilitating its transition for companies, Oracle is continuing to provide outstanding support to companies that aren’t ready yet to make the transition.
Oracle has already publicly stated how big segments of today’s IT functions will largely run themselves in the future through autonomous technology, just as the future of driving is expected to revolve around autonomous driving in cars that no longer have steering wheels.
IT departments, Oracle has come out as saying, will likely never be fully autonomous, and these are the questions asked by Oracle’s Director of Cloud PR & Communications, EMEA & JAPAC, Rebecca English:
- What if organizations were able to shift the responsibilities of IT from maintenance tasks to higher-value mission critical assignments for business end users?
- What if IT organizations were able to use their skills for solving problems at the front-end of the organization?
This is tomorrow’s reality, thanks to autonomous technology. To highlight what an enormous difference maker this can be, a survey by Oracle showed that a “staggering” 95% of IT professionals create or upgrade databases manually today. With autonomous technology, human experts can be freed from slogging through these tasks to focus on those with high enterprise value. How would this transform your enterprise?
CSS: Oracle EBS Consultants of Choice
CSS is an Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Platinum Partner, the highest level achievable, and we’ve won multiple Oracle Excellence Awards. Our Oracle-only consultants bring high levels of expertise to each and every project, including full process knowledge, technically speaking and business-wise.
Our Oracle consultants provide complete EPM solutions, both Cloud and on-premise. We maximize and leverage out-of-the-box functionality, going far beyond plug and play. Each project is led by a senior consultant, and our low turnover assures resource consistency throughout your project. To discuss what we can do for your company, contact our EPM consultants online or call 1-800-814-7705 today.