Integration of Platform as a Service and Supply Chain Procurement
From January 29 through 31, 2018, more than 2,500 people attended the Modern Supply Chain Experience in San Jose, with quality education provided on a wide range of supply chain topics by top professionals, including Angela Wilson, Consultant/Contractor, ArganoCSS International, Inc. Wilson shared crucial insights on the topic of platform as a service (PaaS) and how it relates to supply chain procurement, using a case study as the focal point.
Her talk was titled “Integration of PaaS to Procurement Cloud.” Here is an overview of her presentation.
Supply Chain Procurement Solutions Needed by Cummins
Cummins, Inc., is a global power leader located in more than 190 countries with revenues of approximately $17.5 billion. Its enterprise designs, manufactures, sells, and services fuel engines (diesel and alternative fuel), and also provides related technologies and components.
Cummins needed to contract with supply chain procurement professionals to implement and integrate applications to achieve three key goals:
- Reduce product costs
- Reduce supplier and supply chain risk
- Make Cummins easier to do business with
Cummins needed to develop a global Sourcing model, one that gave them the ability to efficiently source direct materials. The solution needed to be comprehensive to allow it to efficiently source large numbers of items while also maintaining global contacts. It was crucial for the enterprise to be able to manage contract development documents, as well as complete risk assessments, audits, and certification tracking for suppliers.
Cummins selected ArganoCSS as its partner to recommend, implement, and integrate solutions. The initial rollout focused on the Components Business Unit; future plans include rolling out additional business units. At a high level, CSS:
- Implemented a hybrid solution to support Cummins’s move to the Cloud
- Reduced monthly annual/consulting burn
- Integrated the enterprise’s E-Business Suite foundation
More specific results include the:
- Advancement of strategic purchasing processes with new Cloud functionality
- Standardization and development of a global Sourcing model
- Centralizing the management of global agreements, terms, and letters of intent
- Integrating an innovative PaaS solution to Cloud Sourcing
- Developing a repeatable process for future business unit rollouts
A Closer Look at Applications
More granularly, products used to accomplish strategic goals include:
- Strategic Cloud Procurement Integrated with E-Business Suite
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Qualification Management
- Inventory Management
- Enterprise and Procurement Contracts
- Supplier Portal
Integration selections included:
- Supplier Inbound (SIM)
- Item Inbound (PIM)
- Employee Inbound (OneSource)
- Value Set Data: Inbound (EBS)
- BPA Data: Outbound (EBS)
- Cloud Sourcing Inbound from PaaS
The Paas solution was created to close the following gaps when creating negotiations:
- Mass Upload of Inventory Items
- Uploading Price Breaks
- Uploading Item Attributes
If you weren’t able to attend the Modern Supply Chain Experience, we hope you benefited by this high-level summary of the talk by Angela Wilson. If you’d like to discuss PaaS in more detail, contact ArganoCSS online or call 1-800-814-7705.
More Topics at the Modern Supply Chain Experience
You can also review the topics covered at this supply chain conference, broken down by the following subtopics:
- End-to-end Supply Chain Issues
- Logistics & Order
- Supply Chain Procurement
- Product Lifecycle
- Supply Chain Planning
If you are in need of supply chain procurement solutions, ArganoCSS is here to solve your biggest business challenges, ranging from identifying business growth barriers to streamlining demand planning, accurate forecasting, production capacity and more. We simplify supply chain procurement systems and strategies, putting your company on the fast track to ideation and innovation. Because no two enterprise systems are the same, we customize Oracle solutions, filling in the gaps as we boost visibility across your entire supply chain.
To get started, contact ArganoCSS online or call 1-800-814-7705.