Transitioning Enterprise Resource Planning Solutions to the Cloud
Benefits of transitioning JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to the Cloud (JDE2C) or E-Business Suite to the Cloud (EBS2C) are significant, including:
- Faster integration times: With Cloud applications, your business can benefit from new functionalities and innovations immediately
- Quicker response to market: This is crucial in today’s ultra-fast and competitive world
- Reduced costs: Your enterprise can benefit from innovations and functionalities at a lower cost
- Ease of scalability: Implementation rollout timings can be customized, as well as how many divisions will benefit from this transition to the Cloud
- Free up human resource talent: Because of the power of enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions in the Cloud, you can use your human resources in more strategic ways
- Customized implementations: At ArganoCSS, we recommend and implement technologies to dovetail with enterprise challenges and goals
Because each enterprise is unique, and its use of technology is also unique, there is no one right path for all companies. For example, one company may decide to migrate its applications by taking a small company or a division of a larger one to the Cloud to reap the benefits.
Another company might decide to use a hybrid approach, replacing or enhancing key applications, such as procurement or supply chain planning, to the Cloud—while still another company may choose to completely transform its technology by moving all applications to the Cloud and adopting best practices that include no core customizations.
Oracle Cloud Transition Case Studies
You can find a wide range of business case studies on our website, including the Skanska Civil USA AJF case study. This company is one of the country’s largest and most financially sound construction and development companies—but they were running on an outdated ERP solution.
Oracle consultants at ArganoCSS recommended and implemented a hybrid solution for this company, a multi-phased project that allowed Skanska USA Civil to take full advantage of the Cloud through their ERP solution. More specifically, they chose JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 in a hybrid environment with Cloud Procurement & Supplier Qualifications Management.
We implemented this technology in a continuous delivery model. This allowed the company to take advantage of robust functionality and, because Skanska had unique needs, we collaborated with Oracle to develop an even broader AFJ module—and then we were the first Oracle partner to globally implement this enhanced module.
As another example, with Cummins Engine, we recommended and implemented a hybrid procurement Cloud solution that leveraged their use of E-Business Suite. The chosen Cloud solution included the following modules:
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Qualification Management
- Inventory Management
- Contracts and Supplier Portal
Integrations, meanwhile, included:
- Supplier Inbound (EBS)
- Item Inbound (PiM)
- Employee Inbound (OneSource)
- Value Set Data
- Inbound (EBS)
- BPA Data – Outbound (EBS)
These technology choices allowed Cummins to create a global sourcing model to source large numbers of items, while also managing contracts, assessing risk, monitoring supplier certification tracking, and more.
Cloud Transition Considerations
Pre-implementation, key items to consider include a focus on your on-premise data, to determine how clean it is, where it’s located, and so forth. Additional considerations include your company’s:
- Internal processes, including the degree of documentation, how they differ from best practices, and so forth
- On-premise configurations, including what process mapping has been done
- On-premise customizations, including their number and levels of complexity
- Integrations, including their number and how many will be brought forward in the implementation
At a high level, ArganoCSS consultants map key processes and data from your on-premise solution to the Oracle ERP Cloud, including in the areas of finance, product data, sales, inventory, and procurement, manufacturing, and planning. We also determine their complexity. Now, here are more specifics.
We use specialized evaluation tools that allow us to use a heat map to detect customizations made and then assess the impact of those modifications. Our migration tools then allow us to analyze core setup information contained in on-premise solutions to permit mapping to the Cloud and provide data extractions. Our tools help to automate the extraction of data in JD Edwards or E-Business Suite, and to then transform the data for loading to the Oracle Cloud.
Because each situation is unique, we invite you to contact our experienced Cloud consultants to discuss the specifics of your enterprise technology and to consider strategic, modern solutions. We are a leading Oracle-only managed services provider of Cloud ERP, as well as an award-winning Cloud go-to and Specialized Partner in the Oracle Partner Network (OPN). We provide services in many industries.
You can contact us online or call 1-800-814-7705.